Answers to homework problems #2 and 3
- AND search: 25,000,000 results
- OR search: 18,920,000,000 results
- PHRASE search: 24,000 results
- AND NOT search: 9,350,000 results
- SPARTY search: No website hits, only four pictures of michigan college mascots
How did Ebola get its name?
- Search engine: Bing
- Search string: Ebola AND virus AND name
- Web site containing answer:https://www.livescience.com/48234-how-ebola-got-its-name.html
- Answer: A group of scientists decided to name the virus after a river, after much debate, they decided on naming it after the Ebola River.
What was the birthplace (city) of Robert Koch?
- Search engine: yahoo
- search string: "Robert" AND "Koch" AND "birthplace" AND "city"
- Web site containing answer: http://www.nndb.com/people/618/000091345/
- Answer: Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
What country had the largest recorded earthquake?
- Search engine: AOL.com
- Search string: "largest recorded earthquake" AND "country"
- Web site containing answer: https://geology.com/records/largest-earthquake/
- Answer:The world's largest earthquake with an instrumentally documented magnitude on May 22, 1960 near Valdivia, in southern Chile.
Who played in the 1978 Superbowl?
- Search engine: ask.com
- Search string: "1978" AND "Superbowl"
- Web site containing answer: http://www.espn.com/nfl/superbowl/history/winners
- Answer: Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos
Who invented the sticky note?
- Search engine: wolframalpha
- Search string: "sticky note" and "inventor"
- Web site containing answer: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%22sticky+note%22+and+%22inventor%22
- Answer: Arthur Fry